The Window Outlet are proud to announce that we are now fully compliant with Document Q, giving you greater peace of mind over the security properties of our aluminium windows and doors.
What is Document Q?
Document Q is a planning regulation that states that a building “must be designed and constructed in such a way that it adequately resists unauthorised access from outside the building and unauthorised access from within the building to flats within the building.” This has important implications for installers choosing aluminium windows and doors for potential projects.
In October 2015, changes were made to Document Q. These amendments were designed to improve the standard of security in all new homes and dwellings. As of October 2015 the following is now required:
Door sets must meet:
- British Standards publication PAS 24:2012
- Kite mark standards or certification showing compliance with PAS 24:2012
Made to order doors will require:
- PAS 8621 or PAS 10621 which are alternatives to PAS 3621
- A multipoint locking system which meets the requirements of PAS 3621
- Doors without multipoint locking must meet BS 3621, BS 8621 or BS 10621
- A Kitemark on PAS 3621 and/or BS 3621 locks to demonstrate a compliant product
Windows must meet:
- PAS 24:2012 or other standards that exceed or meet this standard.
Fully compliant with Document Q
The Window Outlet are proud to be fully compliant with Document Q. This means that all of the products we offer as part of our range are suitable for use in new build projects. To find out more about our range of high performance aluminium windows and doors give us a call on 0117 405 8488 or send us an email. We hope to hear from you very soon.